“ Brief History of D.P.Vipra Law College Bilaspur ( C.G.)
The D.P.Vipra Law College Bilaspur (C.G.) was established in 1989 as a Department of Law D.P.Vipra P.G.College old High Court Road Bilaspur (C.G.) having only 89 students enrolled in LL.B.Part -I- (Three years law degree course) and its first batch of law graduate came out during June –July 1992 and one Mr.Vinay Kumar Mishra brought laurel for the college achieving first position in order of Merit of Guru Ghasidas University Bilaspur During 1989-99 Academic session the College management took a major decision regarding the conversion of the department of law into independent full fledged law college complying the instruction of BCI and also decided that the new independent law College will have its own Building and fully equipped Library. Accordingly at present the D.P.Vipra P.G.Law College has its own Building and Girls Hostel at Ashok Nagar Seepat Road Bilaspur with open ground and garden the double Storey Hostel is college Building is erected upon more them 12000 sq.fit, land area and built up area of is Hostel near about 5000 sq.fit having two tear residential Rooms and Dining Hall. The hostel can accommodate not less than 30 hosteller at a time
The D.P.Vipra P.G. Law College Library can be designated as a best and well equipped Library in Bilaspur region because it contains not only 8833 Books & 1090 Journals but it is linked with AIR & SCC through internet system. The D.P.Vipra P.G. Law College Library has a good collection of AIR ( from 1950 to up to date) and Supreme Court Cases along with various Digests & Manuals One more thing is also significant that the college is registered under Section 2 F& 12 B of U.G.C Act for receiving development Grant from UGC under different five years plans.
The D.P.Vipra P.G. Law College Bilaspur is run by Snatak Mahavidyalaya Shikshan Samiti Chaired by well Known Educationist and Retd.Principal Prof. Ramnarayan Shukla & as per the provisions of Statute No. 28 the Governing Body of the College is constituted.